Friday, August 26, 2011

Fabric Footrest

Ever since I saw Amy Butler's Gumdrop Pillows I've wanted to make a footrest. We don't have a coffee table and I always want to put my feet up on something. I found this tutorial and thought, "I can do that!" So I did.

I cut out all the pieces. I didn't have a large piece of material like in the tutorial, and I wanted to make it more colorful, so I sewed several smaller pieces of fabric together to make up the longer one.

Here is the long piece all sewn together.

I had to pin the long piece all the way around the circle, which I had never done before. I found that my long piece was a few inches too short (as you can see on the bottom left), so I used a small piece of one of my newest fabrics to fill in the gap.

Here is one side all sewn together. I then had to pin the other side of the long piece to the other circle and sew that together.

I actually used about twice as much stuffing as is shown here. I even cut up an old pillow and used that! I also made a great discovery- stuffing is super duper cheap at Goodwill! I literally only paid about $4 for all of this.

And the stuffing begins. I had no idea how to do this, but it took forever.

And here it is! Niall is showing off how nice it is to put his feet up.

I still haven't sew the opening together where I was inserting the stuffing. I am planning on putting a bit more stuffing in it because it is not as firm as I want it. It's also a bit bulky, but I think it's because it needs more stuffing. But it will definitely do for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment