Saturday, February 16, 2013

Being Content

I have definitely been MIA lately, sorry about that. There has been a lot going on in our lives and I really haven't had the energy or the time to craft, bake and blog like I used to. To be honest, life in this new place has been rough and we are very much missing our family, friends and the great outdoors of the beautiful Pacific Northwest! We'll see how the future plays out, but for now I've decided it's time to stop whining and start enjoying life and living like a "big girl", even if I work long hours, sit in traffic every day and don't have energy to cook yummy dinners every night. It's about the little things in life. The loving smile my husband gives me. The sweet licks from our new puppy. The random funny text messages and phone calls from friends and family back home. And the beautiful sunshine God sends my way. So, from here on out, I'm sucking it up. I'm enjoying my life. I'm opening my heart back up to God and why He wanted us to move here. I know He's got a great plan for me and I am thankful for this hard time so that I can draw even closer to Him and rely on Him for what I truly need. N and I have learned to really trust God so much already, and to appreciate family and the place we came from. But now I feel He is calling me to be happy and content, even in a place where I feel so unhappy. So that's what I'm working on (or trying to!) Oh, and I'll try to blog more too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment