Thursday, June 16, 2011

Decorative Pillow

When I started my whole "crafting summer" I came across some great sales at JoAnn Fabrics. I found already cut squares of home decor fabric that were on sale for $1 each. I thought, "Hey I can make a pillow out of that!" And I did. I even added a zipper, and really surprised myself.

Here's my process:
 First I pinned the material together just to see what it would look like.
I actually sewed the zipper on first. I thought this might be the hardest part (lining the two ends up just right). It wasn't too bad.
 Then I flipped the material inside-out and sewed it all together.
 Next, I flipped the pillow with the right side out...
 ...inserted the pillow and it was done!


 I am still surprised to see how well the zipper turned out.

 And here it is on our bed (sorry for the wrinkly pillows!). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment