Monday, June 27, 2011

Zippered Make-Up Bag/Mini Purse

So I saw this idea online the other day and I knew I could make it because it is so simple! And I am always wanting a cute make-up bag (or pencil pouch, or mini purse) to carry things in. I also think these will make some nice gifts for my friends and family!

I found some super cute Amy Butler fabric at a local fabric store.

First I cut them to the dimensions I wanted the bag/purse to be.

Then I ironed the fabric, and folded and ironed one side of the fabric down to make a smooth edge for sewing.



Then I sandwiched one side of the bag (so wrong sides together) around one side of the zipper and pinned it.



Next I sewed the zipper to the material with a zipper foot on my sewing machine.


Last, I sewed around the edges of the bag (with the front material facing each other).

Make sure to leave the zipper a bit unzipped, or you will have a hard time flipping the bag right side out!

I trimmed the extra fabric and corners, then flipped the bag right side out and poked out the corners.

And here it is, my finished little bag! I think it turned out so neat!

 (Sorry for the blurry picture, I wanted to show what the inside looked like!)


No comments:

Post a Comment