Monday, November 28, 2011

Homemade Applesauce!

Here is Niall snug as a bug while it snowed for the first time this year. I thought it was a nice day to heat up the apartment while cooking, so I made some applesauce!


My Mom taught me how to make applesauce a few years ago, and now it's a tradition of mine every Fall! Here is how you do it:

Go pick some apples! We picked these at Greenbluff awhile ago. You will need a lot of apples if you are going to make a lot of applesauce, I think I used about 30-35 apples this year. And it is good to have a variety of different types of apples because it makes it more flavorful.


Core and peel the apples. Then cut the skin off.


Fill a large pot with the cut apples and add about 1/3 of a pot of water. Turn on the heat and bring to a boil.


Boil until soft, then mash. Add lots of cinnamon and sugar.


All those apples only made two large jars worth of applesauce, but it sure does taste good. And it's so easy! Yummmmmmm!



Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment