Monday, November 28, 2011

Homemade Tile Coasters

I started this project last summer but just never finished it. It is really easy, and would make a great gift! I just bought tiles at Lowe's for 10 cents each, cut out some of my favorite fabrics slightly smaller than the coaster, and Mod-Podged them a few times. I also sprayed a clear sealer on each coaster a few times, to make them a bit smoother and water-proof.


Then I cut out different colors of felt and Mod-Podged those to the back of the coasters so they don't scratch the table.



And that's it! Sorry for the dark photos, it was night time when I took these!




Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. Did your fabric fray on you at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I just glued the fabric right after I cut it and the mod-podge seals it all in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what type of tiles did you use? Unsealed unglossy type or the glossy smooth type?

    ReplyDelete