Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving!

For our first Thanksgiving as a married couple, I came up with the brilliant idea of hosting Thanksgiving in our one-bedroom apartment- after working two 12-hour nights shifts. So here was what it looked like- I thought we did pretty darn well. Couldn't have done it without a lot of hard work from Niall!

I got off work at the hospital at 7:30 AM. I had the turkey in the oven by 9.


Here it is before. This was the first time I've cooked a turkey, and I really am not looking forward to doing it again.


The rest of the goods!


The cooked turkey. Niall took this picture for me because I was sleeping. I only got 2 hours of sleep.


Here is our living room in our dining room. We moved the kitchen table into the living room so we would have enough space. We had Niall's parents, my parents, and my friend Phoebe and her husband over. 8 people!


Here is my window chalkboard! I will post on this later! Still needs another coat of chalkboard paint, but it works for now! And I am kind of proud of my little turkey!



Our table. My idea but Niall's crafty work. He loves setting the table! :)


I was so impressed with how he set it I couldn't even believe it!


I tied twine around the silverware. There is also twine and ric-rac tied around the jars with the candles on the table (see above). And I made the table runner too! I'll post about that later as well.


After dinner, everyone looked at the newspaper ads for Black Friday, and I took a nap. Then we played Balderdash. It was so much fun!


There's Phoebers! I think Justin is praying? Ha.


This picture was at the end of the night. We did it!

I also saw these apple candles on Pinterest, so I had Niall make them. They were great! All you have to do is hollow out the top and put a tealight in it.

And after everyone left we looked at the ads! What a great Thanksgiving!



Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment