Monday, February 13, 2012

Fabric Bunting Banner and Fabric Hoop!

Oh boy. I am way excited about this! I've been wanting to make a banner for a long time now, and now I have! Here it is!


I also made the fabric hoop. But first, here is how I made the banner:

I cut squares 5x5.

Then I used the diagonal lines on my cutting mat to make the "flag" shape.


Here they all are!


This is sort of what they would look like...


I ironed the flags and the bias tape.


Then I used my brand new pinking shears! I love the look of this, so much more fun than plain straight cuts.


Then pinned the bias tape to the flags.



Now sew away!


 I ironed it one more time and then it was done!!!


And here is the hoop! I bought an embroidery hoop at Joann's for just a few dollars. I would have bought 2 more smaller ones, but they were out. :( Okay, so never, EVER trim your material until it has been ironed and is in the hoop and is perfectly flat. I had the hardest time trying to make it flat because I had trimmed it all the way to the edge of the hoop. Just don't do that. :)


But hey, it turned out nicely!





Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment