Monday, February 13, 2012

Tissue Paper Poms

So I've been decorating my craft room and I think I'm off to a good start! I made one of these tissue papers poms to put in the corner of the room and I love it! I followed a tutorial by Martha Stewart, here.

First, you stack the tissue-paper (about 8 pieces). I added a pink piece because I thought it would look pretty. Then you fan-fold the tissue paper, so it looks like this.  In the tutorial, it says to use some wire, but I didn't have any, so I used some yarn instead.

After it's tied, trim the ends how you like. Next time I will try scallops, but the points turned out cute.


My tissue paper was used, so it wasn't as perfectly folded as Martha Stewart's, sorry. :)


At this point, you rotate the folds out, like this:


Then you just pull each piece toward the middle. Be careful at this point not to rip the tissue (I did this in a few places). 


 And voila!!! I had to fluff this thing a few times, but I think it's pretty cute in my new craft room!


Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments: