Monday, July 25, 2011

Antique Show Side Table Re-Do

My mother and I went to this amazing outdoor antique show in June and they had some amazing things! I think that's what got me started again on crafting and making old things look new. Anyhow, I found this cute little side table (which I was sad to find was pretty much brand spankin' new, NOT antique!) and thought it would make a perfect addition to our living room. Needless to say, it needed a new color.

Here is the before:


(While waiting for the coats of paint to dry I attempted my first roux for homemade macaroni and cheese and it rocked! This was the recipe I followed. Delish!)


The During: Notice the fabric cork board also in progress!


And the After!


I'm still not sure how I feel about the colors. I was trying to go for a more "adult" look and I think it turned out a little boring. But it will work for now! And it sort of matches our couch.


I used Valspar paint samples from Lowe's in Italian Roast and La Fonda Copper.

No comments:

Post a Comment