Monday, July 25, 2011

Mom's Zippered Bag

I made this little bag today as well. My mother liked my other zippered bag so much she told me she wanted one just like it but a little bigger to hold some make-up and brushes. So I tried a new pattern that was very similar to my other one, but has completely finished edges on the inside. It was quite the learning process. This bag didn't turn out as well as I would have hoped, but now I know for next time!

Here is the bag before I added a cute little detail:


This was my first attempt at a "Yo-Yo", something I've seen a few times and wanted to try. I found a free pattern from Heather Bailey (she's got some great stuff!).


When I was done with the Yo-Yo I just stitched it right onto mom's little bag.



I think it turned out super cute! I hope she likes it!

(I like to put what fabric I use because I always wonder when I see other people's blogs, but I honestly don't know the name of the blue-ish green fabric! The lining/ Yo-Yo fabric is Moda's Fandango Portico Ole.)

No comments:

Post a Comment