Saturday, July 30, 2011

Lindy Leaf Skirt

I finally used my favorite fabric! Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane fabric in Pink Lindy Leaf. This skirt took me about 4 1/2 hours to make. I am so excited that it turned out like it did! I think it looks great!


I used a tutorial I discovered through one of my favorite blogs, homemade ginger. The tutorial from MADE was excellent. So easy to follow. And I loved the simplicity of this skirt. I didn't take a lot of pictures because I just wanted to get the skirt finished. 

I had to use two large pieces of fabric (mine each measured 32" by 18") because I didn't have enough fabric to wrap around my waste twice. The tutorial is for a little girl skirt but you can adapt it for an adult skirt. It would be way faster to make a child's skirt because you wouldn't have to first sew two pieces of fabric together. I also think next time I will only wrap the fabric 1 1/2 times around because my skirt ended up being very full.


Measuring and making the waistband.


Sorry for the lack of pictures! In this photo I am just finishing the hem on the bottom of the skirt- the last step!


And here it is!!!!!! I think it turned out so dang cute! I am pretty stinkin' proud!!!


I am very thankful for the tutorial from MADE. You should check out her blog, she has some GREAT tutorials!

No comments:

Post a Comment